Effective as of April 10, 2020.
We provide important information for residents of California below.
Personal Information We Collect
Personal Information you provide to us. “Personal Information” means any information relating to an identified or identifiable individual. You may provide to us through the Services or otherwise the following categories and specific pieces of information that, alone or in combination, may be Personal Information:
- Business and personal contact information, such as your first and last name, email and mailing addresses, phone number, professional title and company name.
- Content you choose to upload to the Service, content such as photos, images, videos, graphics, written content, audio files, code, information, or data uploaded, collected, generated, stored, displayed, distributed, transmitted or exhibited on or in connection with your use of the Services.
- Profile information, such as your username and password that you may set to establish an online account with us to the extent such functionality is made available.
- Registration information, such as information that may be related to a service, an account or an event you register for to the extent such functionality is made available.
- Feedback or correspondence, such as information you provide when you contact us with questions, feedback, or otherwise correspond with us online.
- Usage and Electronic information, such as information about how you use the Service and interact with us, including information associated with any content you upload to the websites or otherwise submit to us, information you provide when you use any interactive features of the Service, IP address, cookie ID, hardware identifier for the device you used to access the Services, mobile identifiers, browser or device information, and analytics information about your use of the Services.
- Marketing information, such as your preferences for receiving communications about our activities, events, and publications, and details about how you engage with our communications
- Social Media Information, such as information you voluntarily provide in support or help interactions with us, such as social media URL, social media alias, and other social media profile data
If you choose to apply to volunteer for IRV through our Services or by otherwise contact us regarding volunteer opportunities, we may collect the following:
- Contact Information, such as your first and last name, email and mailing addresses, phone number, professional title and company name
- Resume Information, such as qualifications, skills, employment or education history, or other resume information
- Social Media Information, such as if you provide us a link to or other access to a social media account, we may collect or access any information you permit to be shared through or from your social media account and other information depending on the social media platform.
Information we obtain from other third parties. We may receive Personal Information about you from third-party sources, such as marketing partners, publicly-available sources, business partners, and data providers.
Cookies and other information collected by automated means
We, our service providers, and our business partners may automatically log Usage and Electronic Information as set forth above. Our service providers and business partners may collect this type of information over time and across third-party websites and mobile applications.
On our Services, this information may be collected using cookies, browser web storage (also known as locally stored objects, or “LSOs”), Flash-based LSOs (also known as “Flash cookies”), web beacons, and similar technologies, and our emails may also contain web beacons.
See our Cookie Information section below for further details.
How We Use Your Personal Information
To operate the Service. We use your Personal Information to:
- provide, operate and improve the Service
- provide information about our products and services
- establish and maintain your user profile on the Service
- enable security features of the Service, such as by sending you security codes via email or SMS, and remembering devices from which you have previously logged in
- communicate with you about the Service, including by sending you announcements, updates, security alerts, and support and administrative messages
- communicate with you about events or projects in which you participate
- understand your needs and interests, and personalize your experience with the Service and our communications
- provide support and maintenance for the Service
- respond to your requests, questions and feedback
For research and development. We may analyze use of the Service to analyze and improve the Service and to develop new products and services, including by studying user demographics and use of the Service.
To send you marketing and promotional communications. We may send you IRV-related marketing communications as permitted by law. You will have the ability to opt-out of our marketing and promotional communications as described in the Opt out of marketing section below.
To display advertisements. We may work with advertising partners to display advertisements on the Service or elsewhere online. These advertisements are delivered by our advertising partners and may be targeted based on your use of the Service or your activity elsewhere online. To learn more about your choices in connection with advertisements, please see the section below titled “Targeted online advertising.”
To comply with law. We may use your Personal Information as we believe necessary or appropriate to comply with applicable laws, lawful requests, and legal process, such as to respond to subpoenas or requests from government authorities.
For compliance, fraud prevention, and safety. We may use your Personal Information and disclose it to law enforcement, government authorities, and private parties as we believe necessary or appropriate to: (a) protect our, your or others’ rights, privacy, safety or property (including by making and defending legal claims); (b) enforce the terms and conditions that govern the Service; (c) protect, investigate and deter against fraudulent, harmful, unauthorized, unethical or illegal activity; and (d) conduct, complete, or respond to audits or audit results.
With your consent. In some cases we may specifically ask for your consent to collect, use or share your Personal Information, such as when required by applicable law.
To process volunteer applications. We may use your Personal Information to review and evaluate your applications to volunteer for IRV or otherwise respond to you regarding volunteer inquiries.
To create anonymous, aggregated or de-identified data. We may create anonymous, aggregated or de-identified data from your Personal Information and other individuals whose Personal Information we collect. We make Personal Information into anonymous, aggregated or de-identified data by removing information that makes the data personally identifiable to you. We may use this anonymous, aggregated or de-identified data and share it with third parties for our lawful operational purposes, including to analyze and improve the Service and promote our operations.
How We Share your Personal Information
We may share your Personal Information with third parties as described below:
Other users of the Service and the public. We may provide functionality that enables you to disclose Personal Information to other users of the Service or the public. We do not control how other users or third parties use any Personal Information that you make available to other users or the public and you are not required to so disclose information.
Professional advisors. We may disclose your Personal Information to professional advisors, such as lawyers, bankers, auditors and insurers, where necessary in the course of the professional services that they render to us.
For compliance, fraud prevention and safety. We may share your Personal Information for the compliance, fraud prevention, audit, and safety purposes described above.
Business transfers. We may transfer or otherwise share some or all of our operations or assets, including your Personal Information, in connection with a transaction (or potential transaction) such as a corporate divestiture, merger, consolidation, acquisition, reorganization or transfer of assets, where any Personal Information included in such transfer is subject to protections no less restrictive than those herein.
With your consent. We may otherwise share your Personal Information with your consent or pursuant to your instructions.
We retain Personal Information for as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes for which we collected it, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements, to establish or defend legal claims, or for fraud prevention purposes.
To determine the appropriate retention period for Personal Information, we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the Personal Information, the potential risk of harm from unauthorized use or disclosure of your Personal Information, the purposes for which we process your Personal Information and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements.
When we no longer require the Personal Information we have collected about you, we will either delete or anonymize it or, if this is not possible (for example, because your Personal Information has been stored in backup archives), then we will securely store your Personal Information and isolate it from any further processing until deletion is possible. If we anonymize your Personal Information (so that it can no longer be associated with you), we may retain this information indefinitely without further notice to you.
In this section, we describe the rights and choices available to all users. Users who are (a) located within the European Union can find additional information about their rights below and (b) a California resident can find additional information about their rights below.
Access or update your information. If you have registered for an account with us, you may review and update certain personal information in your account profile by logging into the account.
Opt out of marketing communications. You may opt out of marketing-related emails by following the opt-out or unsubscribe instructions at the bottom of the email, or by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org. You may continue to receive service-related and other non-marketing emails.
Targeted online advertising. Some of the business partners that collect information about users’ activities on or through the Service may be members of organizations or programs that provide choices to individuals regarding the use of their browsing behavior or mobile application usage for purposes of targeted advertising.
Users may opt out of receiving targeted advertising on websites through members of the Network Advertising Initiative by clicking here or the Digital Advertising Alliance by clicking here. European users may opt out of receiving targeted advertising on websites through members of the European Interactive Digital Advertising Alliance by clicking here, selecting the user’s country, and then clicking “Choices” (or similarly titled link). Please note that we also may work with companies that offer their own opt-out mechanisms and may not participate in the opt-out mechanisms that we linked above.
In addition, your mobile device settings may provide functionality to limit our, or our partners’, ability to engage in ad tracking or targeted advertising using the Google Advertising ID or Apple ID for Advertising associated with your mobile device.
If you choose to opt-out of targeted advertisements, you will still see advertisements online but they may not be relevant to you. Even if you do choose to opt out, not all companies that serve online behavioral advertising are included in this list, so you may still receive some cookies and tailored advertisements from companies that are not listed.
Do not track. Some Internet browsers may be configured to send “Do Not Track” signals to the online services that you visit. We currently do not respond to “Do Not Track” or similar signals. To find out more about “Do Not Track,” please visit http://www.allaboutdnt.com.
Choosing not to share your Personal Information. Where we are required by applicable law to collect your Personal Information, or where we need your Personal Information in order to provide the Service to you, if you do not provide this information when requested (or you later ask to delete it), we may not be able to provide you with our Services. We will tell you what information you must provide to receive the Service by designating it as required at the time of collection or through other appropriate means.
Other Sites, Mobile Applications and Services
The Service may contain links to other websites, mobile applications, and other online services operated by third parties. These links are not an endorsement of, or representation that we are affiliated with, any third party. In addition, our content may be included on web pages or in mobile applications or online services that are not associated with us. We do not control third party websites, mobile applications or online services, and we are not responsible for their actions. Other websites and services follow different rules regarding the collection, use and sharing of your Personal Information. We encourage you to read the privacy policies of the other websites and mobile applications and online services you use.
The security of your Personal Information is important to us. We employ organizational, technical and physical safeguards designed to protect the personal information we collect against accidental or unlawful destruction or accidental loss, damage, alteration, unauthorized disclosure or access, as well as all other forms of unlawful processing. However, security risk is inherent in all internet and information technologies and we cannot guarantee the security of your Personal Information.
If we learn of and confirm the occurrence of a security incident leading to the misappropriation or accidental or unlawful destruction, loss, alteration, unauthorized disclosure of, or access to, your Personal Information transmitted, stored or otherwise processed on our systems that compromises the confidentiality, integrity or availability of your Personal Information, we may attempt to notify you electronically by posting a notice on our Services or by sending you an email or otherwise in accordance with applicable law.
International Data Transfers
We are headquartered in the United States and have service providers in other countries, and your Personal Information may be transferred to the United States or other locations outside of your state, province, or country where privacy laws may not be as protective as those in your state, province, or country.
Additional information below provides detail about any transfers of Personal Information outside of the European Union.
Children and Minors
The Services are not directed to or designed for individuals under the age of 16 and such individuals are not permitted to use the Service, and we do not collect Personal Information from them. We define “children and minors” as follows:
- Residents outside of Europe: anyone under 13 years old; and
- Individuals located within Europe: anyone under 16 years old, or the age needed to consent to the processing of Personal Information in your country.
If we learn that we have collected Personal Information of a child or minor without the consent of their parent or guardian, we will delete it. If you have determined that we have processed the Personal Information of a child or minor or have any questions related to our processing of Personal Information of children or minors, please contact us as set forth below.
How to Contact Us
Please direct any questions or comments about this Policy or privacy practices to email@example.com. You may also write to us via postal mail at:
Innovation Response Volunteers, Inc.
℅ Mehaffy Brubaker and Ernst LLC
21 N 1st Ave.
Brighton, CO 80601
Notice to European Users
The information provided in this “Notice to European Users” section applies only to individuals in Europe.
|Processing purpose (click link for details) Details regarding each processing purpose listed below are provided in the section above titled “How we use your Personal Information”.||Legal basis|
|To operate the Service||Processing is necessary to perform the contract governing our provision of the Service or to take steps that you request prior to signing up for the Service. If we have not entered into a contract with you, we process your Personal Information based on our legitimate interest in providing the Service you access and request.|
|– For research and development|
– To send you marketing communications
– To display advertisements
– To manage our recruiting and process volunteer applications
– For compliance, fraud prevention and safety
– To create anonymous data
|These activities constitute our legitimate interests. We do not use your Personal Information for these activities where our interests are overridden by the impact on you (unless we have your consent or are otherwise required or permitted to by applicable law).|
|To comply with law||Processing is necessary to comply with our legal obligations.|
|With your consent||Processing is based on your consent. Where we rely on your consent, you have the right to withdraw it any time in the manner indicated when you consent or in the Service.|
Use for new purposes.
Sensitive personal information. We ask that you not provide us with any sensitive Personal Information or special categories of information (e.g., information related to racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religion or other beliefs, health, biometrics or genetic characteristics, criminal background or trade union membership) on or through the Service, or otherwise to us.
European data protection laws may give you certain rights regarding your Personal Information. If you are located within the European Union, you may ask us to take the following actions in relation to your Personal Information that we hold:
- Access. Provide you with information about our processing of your Personal Information and give you access to your Personal Information.
- Correct. Update or correct inaccuracies in your Personal Information.
- Delete. Delete your Personal Information.
- Transfer. Transfer a machine-readable copy of your Personal Information to you or a third party of your choice.
- Restrict. Restrict the processing of your Personal Information.
- Object. Object to our reliance on our legitimate interests as the basis of our processing of your Personal Information that impacts your rights.
You may submit these requests by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or our postal address provided above. We may request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and process your request. Applicable law may require or permit us to decline your request. If we decline your request, we will tell you why, subject to legal restrictions. If you would like to submit a complaint about our use of your Personal Information or our response to your requests regarding your Personal Information, you may contact us as set forth above or submit a complaint to the data protection regulator in your jurisdiction. You can find your data protection regulator here.
Cross-border data transfer
If we transfer your Personal Information out of Europe to a country not deemed by the European Commission to provide an adequate level of Personal Information protection, the transfer will be performed:
- Pursuant to the recipient’s compliance with standard contractual clauses or EU-US Privacy Shield (or Swiss-US Privacy Shield, as applicable)
- Pursuant to the consent of the individual to whom the Personal Information pertains
- As otherwise permitted by applicable law.
You may contact us if you want further information on the specific mechanism used by us when transferring your Personal Information out of Europe.
Information for California Residents
Your California privacy rights under the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA)
In accordance with and subject to the CCPA, if you are a California resident, you may have the following rights:
- Information. To request that we disclose the following information about our collection and use of your Personal Information during the past 12 months:
- The categories of Personal Information that we have collected about you;
- The categories of sources from which Personal Information is collected;
- The business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling Personal Information;
- The categories of third parties with whom we share your Personal Information;
- Whether we have disclosed your Personal Information for a business purpose, and if so, the categories of Personal Information received by each category of recipient; and
- Whether we have sold your Personal Information, and, if so, the categories of Personal Information received by each category of recipient.
- Access. To request a copy of the Personal Information that we have collected about you during the past 12 months.
- Deletion. To request that we delete Personal Information about you that we have collected from you.
- Opt out of sales. To direct us not to sell your Personal Information if we do, and if you are under 16 years of age, we are required to ask for affirmative authorization from you (or if you are under 13, your parent or guardian) to sell your Personal Information before we do so.
- Nondiscrimination. To exercise your rights described above free from discrimination, such as denial of goods or services; price/rate increases for goods or services (including through grants of discounts/benefits or imposing penalties); decreases in service quality; or suggesting that such discriminatory acts may occur if you exercise your rights. However, a difference in price or service quality is not discriminatory if reasonably related to the value to our business of the Personal Information we are unable to use due to the exercise of your rights, and we may offer you certain financial incentives that can result in different prices, rates or service quality.
- Financial incentive program disclosures. Receive a clear description of the material terms of any program involving financial incentives for the collection, sale or deletion of your Personal Information, and decide if you want to consent to be entered in it (you can revoke this consent at any time).
How to exercise your rights
You may exercise the rights described above as follows:
Right to opt out of sale
We do not as a matter of course sell your Personal Information as the term “sell” is defined in applicable law. If you believe we have sold your Personal Information, please contact us as set forth above.
Right to information, access and deletion
You may exercise the information, access and deletion rights described above by submitting a verifiable request to us by:
- emailing email@example.com or
- sending us a request to the postal address above.
Do not send us any sensitive information such as driver’s license number or driver’s license photocopy, social security number of social security card copy, or any other state or national identifier or copy of such documents.
Only you, or a person registered with the California Secretary of State that you authorize to act on your behalf, may make a verifiable request related to your Personal Information. You may also make a verifiable consumer request on behalf of your minor child under 13.
The verifiable request must:
- Provide sufficient information that allows us to reasonably verify you are a California resident about whom we collected Personal Information or their authorized representative; and
- Describe your request with sufficient detail that allows us to properly understand, evaluate, and respond to it.
These rights are not absolute, are subject to exceptions, and we may be required or permitted by applicable law to decline part of all of your request.
Personal Information that we collect, use and share
|Category*||Do we collect this info?||Do we share this info with third parties for business purposes?**||Do we “sell” this info?|
|CA Customer Records Categories||Yes||Yes||No|
|Protected Classification Characteristics||No||Yes||No|
|Internet or Network Information||Yes||Yes||No|
|Professional or Employment Information||Yes||Yes||No|
|Other Personal Information||Yes||Yes||No|
*For a description of these categories, see the definition of Personal Information in Section 1798.140(o)(1) of the California Consumer Privacy Act.
What are cookies?
Cookies are small data files that are placed on your computer or mobile device when you visit a website. Cookies serve different purposes, like helping us understand how a site is being used, letting you navigate between pages efficiently, remembering your preferences and generally improving your browsing experience.
Our Sites may use both session cookies (which expire once you close your web browser) and persistent cookies (which stay on your computer or mobile device until you delete them).
We may use two broad categories of cookies: (1) first party cookies, served directly by us to your computer or mobile device, which we use to recognize your computer or mobile device when it revisits our Sites; and (2) third party cookies, which are served by service providers or business partners on our Sites, and can be used by these parties to recognize your computer or mobile device when it visits other websites. Third party cookies can be used for a variety of purposes, including site analytics, advertising and social media features.
What types of cookies and similar tracking technologies does IRV use on the Sites?
Most browsers let you remove or reject cookies. To do this, follow the instructions in your browser settings. Many browsers accept cookies by default until you change your settings. Please note that if you set your browser to disable cookies, the Sites may not work properly.
For more information about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set on your computer or mobile device and how to manage and delete them, visit www.allaboutcookies.org. If you do not accept our cookies, you may experience some inconvenience in your use of our Sites. For example, we may not be able to recognize your computer or mobile device and you may need to log in every time you visit our Sites.
Users may opt out of receiving targeted advertising on websites through members of the Network Advertising Initiative by clicking here or the Digital Advertising Alliance by clicking here. European users may opt out of receiving targeted advertising on websites through members of the European Interactive Digital Advertising Alliance by clicking here, selecting the user’s country, and then clicking “Choices” (or similarly-titled link). Please note that we also may work with companies that offer their own opt-out mechanisms and may not participate in the opt-out mechanisms that we linked above.
If you choose to opt-out of targeted advertisements, you will still see advertisements online but they may not be relevant to you. Even if you do choose to opt out, not all companies that serve online behavioral advertising are included in this list, and so you may still receive some cookies and tailored advertisements from companies that are not listed.
Information about the cookies we use may be updated from time to time, so please check back on a regular basis for any changes.