All volunteers with Citizen Engineers for COVID-19, a Colorado non-profit organization (“CE COVID-19”) have read and agreed to be bound by the following Volunteer Guidelines:
- I am at least 18 years of age and legally eligible to volunteer and enter into this contract.
- I will volunteer with integrity and treat everyone I interact with during the course of my volunteering with respect and positivity.
- I will truthfully represent my abilities in the work I do for CE COVID-19 and will ask for support if I encounter any work beyond my capabilities. I will volunteer for tasks that are appropriate to my skill set and the amount of time I have available to volunteer.
- I understand and agree that I am an unpaid volunteer and not a paid employee of CE COVID-19. I have no right to or expectation of employment or payment for any work that I do for or on behalf of CE COVID-19. I understand and agree that I am performing services as an unpaid volunteer of a non-profit organization.
- I understand and agree that volunteer labor is not tax-deductible as a charitable deduction as defined by the Internal Revenue Service (IRS Publication #526). The IRS specifically precludes deducting a donation of time or services and I will not receive a receipt from CE COVID-19 for the labor or services I donate.
- I assume all liability in the event I am injured while volunteering for CE COVID-19, and I waive any and all medical, civil or other claims against CE COVID-19 arising out of the performance of my volunteer work.
- As a volunteer, I understand that I may learn confidential data and information during the course of my volunteer work. During and after the term of my volunteer status, I will not use, disclose or transfer any confidential information and I will keep all information and data that I learn confidential until it is publicly available. I understand that disclosing any information before it is publicly available is strictly prohibited and may damage the mission and intent of CE COVID-19, with the potential to cause harm to the general public.